There was an article last week that talked about the top 50 employers for the Baby Boomer Generation. The AARP article spoke at length about the perks and services these employers offer Baby Boomers. These companies offer such benefits as telecommuting, flexible work schedules, phased retirement programs, emergency elder care services and many more perks for the Baby Boomers. It appears these companies actively recruit Baby Boomers for their education and work experience. Some of these companies have job fairs just to recruit Baby Boomers. Some even offer day-care for grandchildren so you can keep track of the grand kids. Lastly, some of these companies offer very nice health care packages. That is very attractive to those in the Baby Boomer Generation. There wasn't much talk about pay in the article. But, I have to assume it is a better than average pay. These companies are always hiring us Baby Boomers. So, check 'em out and see if you are eligible. I'm going to be sure to inquire. Here are the top ten from that 50 top employers list for Baby Boomers.
1. National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, Md.
2. Scripps Health, San Diego
3. Atlantic Health System, Morristown, N.J.4. University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
5. Mercy Health System, Janesville, Wis.
6. YMCA of Greater Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
7. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
8. Bon Secours Virginia, Richmond, Va.
9. National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, Arlington, Va.
10. WellStar Health System, Marietta, Ga.